Observation on ‘fiasco of a meeting’
SIR - How dare it be suggested that there should be age discrimination when it comes to having opinions about what might be better for Sidmouth.
I don’t think the age of any protester is relevant particularly in a town where 60 per cent of the population is retired anyway and meetings are always held during working hours.
I was aghast to hear Mark Williamson at the development management committee endorse the idea of the development of Axminster’s central area whilst endorsing exactly the opposite idea for Sidmouth – namely the development of an industrial area north of Sidford. He ignores all other information on available office space and the obvious area for development of Alexandria Estate.
He disregards the fact that much of the basis for the plan is on false and wrong statistics and information, he cares not for AONB designation, nor for flood risk nor for road congestion.
He wants job development in Sidmouth whilst happily shipping out all the EDDC jobs from the Knowle to be located in other towns.
You may also want to watch:
He endorsed the idea of housing development on this site disregarding the grounds, public amenity and mature trees and there was no mention of the important role of tourism to our town. I’ve never attended such a fiasco of a meeting in all my life.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community