Ode to Byes
‘Ere’s a little story
While I’m in poetic muse,
To ask you to but your boots on
Or, otherwise, your shoes.
Then we can take a little stroll
You may also want to watch:
Down through the Byes,
Where nature’s changing everything
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
Right before your very eyes.
The trees today look different
To the way they looked last week,
And who knows what tomorrow
Will show to those who seek?
When the hedgerows start to bloom
And the butterfly takes wing.
When the cuckoo calls
And the blackbird sings.
And all the flowers blossom
With April’s gentle rain,
And everyone is smiling,
Why? Because it’s spring again.
All these things, you too can see
And in the Byes – admission free.
Brewery Lane, Sidmouth