Ode to Byes
‘Ere’s a little story
While I’m in poetic muse,
To ask you to but your boots on
Or, otherwise, your shoes.
Then we can take a little stroll
You may also want to watch:
Down through the Byes,
Where nature’s changing everything
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 7 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
Right before your very eyes.
The trees today look different
To the way they looked last week,
And who knows what tomorrow
Will show to those who seek?
When the hedgerows start to bloom
And the butterfly takes wing.
When the cuckoo calls
And the blackbird sings.
And all the flowers blossom
With April’s gentle rain,
And everyone is smiling,
Why? Because it’s spring again.
All these things, you too can see
And in the Byes – admission free.
Brewery Lane, Sidmouth