Ode to Woolies
Many, many years ago - in Woolies I did work, Miss Smart was the one in charge - from whom we did not shirk! Saturday jobs were all the norm - my friends and I agree.
Many, many years ago - in Woolies I did work,
Miss Smart was the one in charge - from whom we did not shirk!
Saturday jobs were all the norm - my friends and I agree.
The hourly rate was one and nine - with Bank Holidays times three.
You may also want to watch:
The counters were the high sort, good if you were tall,
But much too high for all my friends -
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 6 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 9 Time to enjoy summer safely as restrictions lifts
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables
Most of them were small!
We all wanted to work on sweets, cosmetics or the toys,
No-one wanted to be on nails - they should have had the boys!
Our money went a long way - we spent it on pay day.
So Woolies - please don't go - we all want you to stay!
Mrs H Clapp
Fleming Avenue, Sidford