SIR - Sidmouth Olympics 2012
When they make slouching in the chair
An Olympic sport, I’ll be there.
When they give out a cup,
For refusing to get up, I’ll win it every year.
You may also want to watch:
When they hand out the gold
For sitting by the fire, I’ll leave the others in the cold.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
And when I’m asked to sign my name
In Sidmouth’s hall of fame (The Knowle),
I won’t go.
How beautiful it is to do nothing,
And then to rest afterward!