Outrage at Tesco go-ahead
MADAM - I am furious that EDDC has given Tesco the go-ahead to build a store in Seaton. Do the local people s opinions count for nothing? Obviously not.
MADAM - I am furious that EDDC has given Tesco the go-ahead to build a store in Seaton. Do the local people's opinions count for nothing? Obviously not.
One comment was that Seaton needs to move forward. Building a Tesco in Seaton contradicts this comment. Tesco will drag the town backwards.
Sainsbury would have raised the profile of the town. We are already being dominated by Tesco. We have one in Axminster. We do not need another one in Seaton. I shop in Tesco in Axminster for convenience and was looking forward to finally having a choice of supermarkets (I would have chosen to shop at Sainsbury every time!).
I have written many letters of complaint to Sir Terry Leahy already regarding the store in Axminster. Tesco do not care for their customers, only their shareholders.
You may also want to watch:
They are the only winners in this travesty. Shame on EDDC for making this decision. What was the point of the meetings in Seaton for the local people?
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 8 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
Old Stone Lodge