Outrage at Tesco go-ahead
MADAM - I am furious that EDDC has given Tesco the go-ahead to build a store in Seaton. Do the local people s opinions count for nothing? Obviously not.
MADAM - I am furious that EDDC has given Tesco the go-ahead to build a store in Seaton. Do the local people's opinions count for nothing? Obviously not.
One comment was that Seaton needs to move forward. Building a Tesco in Seaton contradicts this comment. Tesco will drag the town backwards.
Sainsbury would have raised the profile of the town. We are already being dominated by Tesco. We have one in Axminster. We do not need another one in Seaton. I shop in Tesco in Axminster for convenience and was looking forward to finally having a choice of supermarkets (I would have chosen to shop at Sainsbury every time!).
I have written many letters of complaint to Sir Terry Leahy already regarding the store in Axminster. Tesco do not care for their customers, only their shareholders.
You may also want to watch:
They are the only winners in this travesty. Shame on EDDC for making this decision. What was the point of the meetings in Seaton for the local people?
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Old Stone Lodge