Outrage at Tesco go-ahead
MADAM - I am furious that EDDC has given Tesco the go-ahead to build a store in Seaton. Do the local people s opinions count for nothing? Obviously not.
MADAM - I am furious that EDDC has given Tesco the go-ahead to build a store in Seaton. Do the local people's opinions count for nothing? Obviously not.
One comment was that Seaton needs to move forward. Building a Tesco in Seaton contradicts this comment. Tesco will drag the town backwards.
Sainsbury would have raised the profile of the town. We are already being dominated by Tesco. We have one in Axminster. We do not need another one in Seaton. I shop in Tesco in Axminster for convenience and was looking forward to finally having a choice of supermarkets (I would have chosen to shop at Sainsbury every time!).
I have written many letters of complaint to Sir Terry Leahy already regarding the store in Axminster. Tesco do not care for their customers, only their shareholders.
You may also want to watch:
They are the only winners in this travesty. Shame on EDDC for making this decision. What was the point of the meetings in Seaton for the local people?
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
Old Stone Lodge