Outrage over office closure
SIR - I, my partner and many of our friends and acquaintances are APPALLED at Nationwide’s decision to close the Ottery St Mary and Honiton branches. This would cause great inconvenience, indeed hardship, to the customers in both locations, Exeter then being the nearest branch.
I quote only my own and partner’s situation. Our wages are paid directly into the Ottery St Mary branch and we have to draw each week’s living expenses from that branch.
Nationwide’s decision in no way reflects their boastful advert, that their only concern is for us, their customers.
We ask Nationwide to reconsider this decision. Our only viable course of action would be to close our Nationwide account and transfer it to the Post Office. No doubt our acquaintances – and their valued customers, locally and NATIONWIDE – would do the same.
Name and address
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action