Outrage over office closure
SIR - I, my partner and many of our friends and acquaintances are APPALLED at Nationwide’s decision to close the Ottery St Mary and Honiton branches. This would cause great inconvenience, indeed hardship, to the customers in both locations, Exeter then being the nearest branch.
I quote only my own and partner’s situation. Our wages are paid directly into the Ottery St Mary branch and we have to draw each week’s living expenses from that branch.
Nationwide’s decision in no way reflects their boastful advert, that their only concern is for us, their customers.
We ask Nationwide to reconsider this decision. Our only viable course of action would be to close our Nationwide account and transfer it to the Post Office. No doubt our acquaintances – and their valued customers, locally and NATIONWIDE – would do the same.
Name and address
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 6 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again