Outrage over office closure
SIR - I, my partner and many of our friends and acquaintances are APPALLED at Nationwide’s decision to close the Ottery St Mary and Honiton branches. This would cause great inconvenience, indeed hardship, to the customers in both locations, Exeter then being the nearest branch.
I quote only my own and partner’s situation. Our wages are paid directly into the Ottery St Mary branch and we have to draw each week’s living expenses from that branch.
Nationwide’s decision in no way reflects their boastful advert, that their only concern is for us, their customers.
We ask Nationwide to reconsider this decision. Our only viable course of action would be to close our Nationwide account and transfer it to the Post Office. No doubt our acquaintances – and their valued customers, locally and NATIONWIDE – would do the same.
Name and address
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 6 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 7 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary