Overall review of marina is required
SIR - It is not difficult to see where Derek Parry is coming from (Herald May 30). As president of the Chamber of Commerce, is it not his duty to make money?
SIR - It is not difficult to see where Derek Parry is coming from (Herald May 30).
As president of the Chamber of Commerce, is it not his duty to make money? Nothing wrong with that, but Mr Parry is ignoring the expert opinions expressed in recent issues of this newspaper, warning against development of a marina here.
Neither is it surprising that the sailing fraternity is keen to see a marina for their leisure pursuits.
East Devon District Council, on the other hand, undertook, on February 27, to explore how an overall plan would benefit Sidmouth as a whole and represent everyone's interests.
Is not that so much better?
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland