Overall review of marina is required
SIR - It is not difficult to see where Derek Parry is coming from (Herald May 30). As president of the Chamber of Commerce, is it not his duty to make money?
SIR - It is not difficult to see where Derek Parry is coming from (Herald May 30).
As president of the Chamber of Commerce, is it not his duty to make money? Nothing wrong with that, but Mr Parry is ignoring the expert opinions expressed in recent issues of this newspaper, warning against development of a marina here.
Neither is it surprising that the sailing fraternity is keen to see a marina for their leisure pursuits.
East Devon District Council, on the other hand, undertook, on February 27, to explore how an overall plan would benefit Sidmouth as a whole and represent everyone's interests.
You may also want to watch:
Is not that so much better?
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 9 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street