Overall review of marina is required
SIR - It is not difficult to see where Derek Parry is coming from (Herald May 30). As president of the Chamber of Commerce, is it not his duty to make money?
SIR - It is not difficult to see where Derek Parry is coming from (Herald May 30).
As president of the Chamber of Commerce, is it not his duty to make money? Nothing wrong with that, but Mr Parry is ignoring the expert opinions expressed in recent issues of this newspaper, warning against development of a marina here.
Neither is it surprising that the sailing fraternity is keen to see a marina for their leisure pursuits.
East Devon District Council, on the other hand, undertook, on February 27, to explore how an overall plan would benefit Sidmouth as a whole and represent everyone's interests.
You may also want to watch:
Is not that so much better?
- 1 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 3 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 The act of giving makes a big difference
- 6 Young surfer raising hundreds of pounds with sponsored beach clean
- 7 Lifeboat responds to two call-outs in one night
- 8 New gin launch helps raise funds for Tar Barrel tradition
- 9 Let's engage with youths to help keep environment clean
- 10 Initial findings show town's waterways are healthy