SIR - Still surviving, in spite of the loss of the ‘Tree of the Week’ feature, the Sidmouth Herald review group - meeting at The Balfour on Friday lunchtimes - has felt disposed to comment on last week’s excellent edition:
We admired the colourful photographs and text relating to yet another conflagration at the Fortfield Hotel, but, most of all, it was page 21 - ‘Horse rapist spared jail’ - which caught our attention.
We were particularly puzzled by your report that the culprit ‘was not in a stable relationship’, when he obviously was in a relationship - but not in his own stable!
However, we were perturbed that you had ignored the victim’s right to anonymity by naming her.
This was a serious oversight which breached Amber’s inhuman rights; an error which, we feel, might have been justified had your report given her side of the story.
You may also want to watch:
Keith J Simm
6 Yarde Hill Orchard, Sidmouth.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal