SIR - Still surviving, in spite of the loss of the ‘Tree of the Week’ feature, the Sidmouth Herald review group - meeting at The Balfour on Friday lunchtimes - has felt disposed to comment on last week’s excellent edition:
We admired the colourful photographs and text relating to yet another conflagration at the Fortfield Hotel, but, most of all, it was page 21 - ‘Horse rapist spared jail’ - which caught our attention.
We were particularly puzzled by your report that the culprit ‘was not in a stable relationship’, when he obviously was in a relationship - but not in his own stable!
However, we were perturbed that you had ignored the victim’s right to anonymity by naming her.
This was a serious oversight which breached Amber’s inhuman rights; an error which, we feel, might have been justified had your report given her side of the story.
You may also want to watch:
Keith J Simm
6 Yarde Hill Orchard, Sidmouth.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary