Parking plan hope
SIR - Regarding your article, School Parking Plea to Drivers, in the Sidmouth Herald on February 3, 2012.
I sent a letter and five photographs on the very subject to Devon County Council Highways department on March 6, 2011.
I was at a loss to understand why they put parking restrictions in Woolbrook Road from 10am to 6pm when the school starts before 10 in the morning, and I suggested the yellow line was increased up to and round the corner into Bennetts Hill.
A Devon County Council area east highways management representative replied on May 10, 2011 to inform me there are proposals in place to extend the restrictions along Woolbrook Road, but, at present, there is no firm indication as to when the proposals will be advertised as part of the required legal process.
Mr S Carpenter
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride