Parking plan hope
SIR - Regarding your article, School Parking Plea to Drivers, in the Sidmouth Herald on February 3, 2012.
I sent a letter and five photographs on the very subject to Devon County Council Highways department on March 6, 2011.
I was at a loss to understand why they put parking restrictions in Woolbrook Road from 10am to 6pm when the school starts before 10 in the morning, and I suggested the yellow line was increased up to and round the corner into Bennetts Hill.
A Devon County Council area east highways management representative replied on May 10, 2011 to inform me there are proposals in place to extend the restrictions along Woolbrook Road, but, at present, there is no firm indication as to when the proposals will be advertised as part of the required legal process.
Mr S Carpenter
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 4 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 5 Sidmouth Tennis Club celebrates unprecedented summer success
- 6 Dashcam project is helping to make roads safer
- 7 New production will be hard 'act' to follow
- 8 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 9 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 10 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead