Parking plan hope
SIR - Regarding your article, School Parking Plea to Drivers, in the Sidmouth Herald on February 3, 2012.
I sent a letter and five photographs on the very subject to Devon County Council Highways department on March 6, 2011.
I was at a loss to understand why they put parking restrictions in Woolbrook Road from 10am to 6pm when the school starts before 10 in the morning, and I suggested the yellow line was increased up to and round the corner into Bennetts Hill.
A Devon County Council area east highways management representative replied on May 10, 2011 to inform me there are proposals in place to extend the restrictions along Woolbrook Road, but, at present, there is no firm indication as to when the proposals will be advertised as part of the required legal process.
Mr S Carpenter
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Aldi has Sidmouth in its sights for new supermarket
- 2 Tributes paid to 'a real gentleman' of Sidmouth
- 3 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning
- 4 No immediate work on town's cliffs despite recent falls
- 5 Person with broken ankle rescued from Littlecombe Shute
- 6 Time to show results for £100M broadband fund
- 7 New Sidmouth Lifeguard Service launched for summer season
- 8 Police launch campaign to bin pressure on 101 number
- 9 Changin' with the times in Connaught Gardens
- 10 Spectacular garden opens to the public at Bickwell Valley