Pay for a permit
With reference to your article in November 29 issue of the Ottery Herald re parking in North Street, Ottery St Mary.
I believe it would be a good idea to have a single yellow line on this street, double yellow lines would be better.
I would ask why the council could not buy an area of the field off North Street and make it in to a long stay car park and the house owners can pay for a permit to park there during the day, at night it would be free.
I live in Mill Street and as there is limited parking there all the time, we have to pay for a permit to park in Canaan Way car park, it is a reasonable charge.
It would make life a lot easier for all the traffic, especially buses and lorries entering the town, and be a lot safer.
You may also want to watch:
At present there are no parking facilities at this end of town.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
Ottery St Mary