Pay for a permit
With reference to your article in November 29 issue of the Ottery Herald re parking in North Street, Ottery St Mary.
I believe it would be a good idea to have a single yellow line on this street, double yellow lines would be better.
I would ask why the council could not buy an area of the field off North Street and make it in to a long stay car park and the house owners can pay for a permit to park there during the day, at night it would be free.
I live in Mill Street and as there is limited parking there all the time, we have to pay for a permit to park in Canaan Way car park, it is a reasonable charge.
It would make life a lot easier for all the traffic, especially buses and lorries entering the town, and be a lot safer.
You may also want to watch:
At present there are no parking facilities at this end of town.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Ottery St Mary