Pay for a permit
With reference to your article in November 29 issue of the Ottery Herald re parking in North Street, Ottery St Mary.
I believe it would be a good idea to have a single yellow line on this street, double yellow lines would be better.
I would ask why the council could not buy an area of the field off North Street and make it in to a long stay car park and the house owners can pay for a permit to park there during the day, at night it would be free.
I live in Mill Street and as there is limited parking there all the time, we have to pay for a permit to park in Canaan Way car park, it is a reasonable charge.
It would make life a lot easier for all the traffic, especially buses and lorries entering the town, and be a lot safer.
At present there are no parking facilities at this end of town.
- 1 New store launches in Sidmouth's Fore Street
- 2 Ukraine refugee supporter Mukie opens community cafe
- 3 Sidmouth’s first Jazz Festival hits the right note
- 4 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 5 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 6 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 7 New direction and new chair at Vision Group for Sidmouth
- 8 Date set for Straitgate Quarry appeal hearing
- 9 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 10 Care home welcomes town council chairman during 'Wimbledon' afternoon
Ottery St Mary