Pay for a permit
With reference to your article in November 29 issue of the Ottery Herald re parking in North Street, Ottery St Mary.
I believe it would be a good idea to have a single yellow line on this street, double yellow lines would be better.
I would ask why the council could not buy an area of the field off North Street and make it in to a long stay car park and the house owners can pay for a permit to park there during the day, at night it would be free.
I live in Mill Street and as there is limited parking there all the time, we have to pay for a permit to park in Canaan Way car park, it is a reasonable charge.
It would make life a lot easier for all the traffic, especially buses and lorries entering the town, and be a lot safer.
You may also want to watch:
At present there are no parking facilities at this end of town.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 8 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 9 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 10 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
Ottery St Mary