Paying the price
We have no doubt whatsoever that Stuart Hughes has been deposed from his role as chairman of EDDC overview and scrutiny committee because he has been too vocal in standing up for Sidmouth issues.
Somebody has to, and it appears he is paying the price. It is clear that the ruling party cannot handle anyone who expresses a view other than the party line.
Stuart works tirelessly in the best interests of the local community he represents, and it is surely up to him to decide upon his own workload.
One could conclude that this move is intended to sideline Councillor Hughes and minimise Sidmouth representation as EDDC relentlessly pursue the development of the business park at Sidford and no doubt roll out another plan for the redevelopment of the Knowle.
He needs to be aware that many local people support him and will stay vigilant on all matters that affect Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
Michael and Pamela Gordon-Lee
King Charles Way
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of