Plea to vet!
SIR - I refer to your article in the Sidmouth Herald on Friday, March 11, concerning our local vet planning to move to the garden centre.
I appreciate that everyone needs to expand and update their business, but please reconsider another location as I know that I’m not the only animal owner who hasn’t got a car or is able to take their pet on the bus. The main road to the garden centre is very busy and with a nervous dog, it would be extremely dangerous.
I have a suggestion. Would it be feasible to have a purpose-built veterinary clinic housed at Alexandria Industrial Estate - mainly in the area where the buses used to terminate? There is ample parking and, hopefully, the local residents wouldn’t object.
Surely there are other people in Sidmouth who feel the same as I do, that if the garden centre idea goes ahead - what will we do!
You may also want to watch:
119 Winslade Road Sidmouth
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought