Please leave room
I have often wondered why there seem to be so many road traffic orders to close roads, so that roadworks can be carried out. Which is often to repair a water leak.
I was put in the picture by a retired gentleman, a retired ex-employee of a gas company.
Water and gas pipes go under the pavements and our pavements are not constructed to take vehicular traffic. The extra weight could cause earth movement which could have some effect on underground pipework.
Nearly had a nasty accident in Sidford because a lady pushing her baby in pushchair was forced onto the road because a pavement parker left no room for a pedestrian. A car which did not stop struck the pushchair a glancing blow. Mother was very shook up.
If you must park on the pavement please leave enough room for people – the legitimate users of the pavements.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire service warns against stockpiling petrol at home
- 2 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 Judges announced for town champions awards
- 6 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 7 Town's Morris dancers are looking for volunteers to step up
- 8 Property of the Week: Ocean Quest, Exmouth
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Devon
- 10 What a difference a ‘K’ makes