Please leave room
I have often wondered why there seem to be so many road traffic orders to close roads, so that roadworks can be carried out. Which is often to repair a water leak.
I was put in the picture by a retired gentleman, a retired ex-employee of a gas company.
Water and gas pipes go under the pavements and our pavements are not constructed to take vehicular traffic. The extra weight could cause earth movement which could have some effect on underground pipework.
Nearly had a nasty accident in Sidford because a lady pushing her baby in pushchair was forced onto the road because a pavement parker left no room for a pedestrian. A car which did not stop struck the pushchair a glancing blow. Mother was very shook up.
If you must park on the pavement please leave enough room for people – the legitimate users of the pavements.
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 6 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 7 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth