Please leave room
I have often wondered why there seem to be so many road traffic orders to close roads, so that roadworks can be carried out. Which is often to repair a water leak.
I was put in the picture by a retired gentleman, a retired ex-employee of a gas company.
Water and gas pipes go under the pavements and our pavements are not constructed to take vehicular traffic. The extra weight could cause earth movement which could have some effect on underground pipework.
Nearly had a nasty accident in Sidford because a lady pushing her baby in pushchair was forced onto the road because a pavement parker left no room for a pedestrian. A car which did not stop struck the pushchair a glancing blow. Mother was very shook up.
If you must park on the pavement please leave enough room for people – the legitimate users of the pavements.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites