I thought your readers would be interested in this poem by Maddie Todd and Emily Whitehorn, both students at Sidmouth Community College.
They composed the poem after watching the film War Horse.
Thundering, the horses charge.
Readying, the soldiers guard.
You may also want to watch:
Sprinting, the men run, firing their machine
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 5 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 6 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 7 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
Screaming, the wounded cry.
Unstirring the dead lie.
Anticipating, the wives wait.
Dreading their husbands’ fate.
Marching, the soldiers move west.
Suffering, the injured can rest.
Singing to the ones in heaven
They make their way back to Devon
Submitted by Jock Todd