SIR - Poppies are now available from the usual business premises in Sidbury, Sidford and Newton Poppleford, and collectors will be knocking on the doors of most properties in these areas.
This year marks the 90th Anniversary of the Royal British Legion, and events have been taking place throughout the UK and overseas, including Afghanistan, to mark this occasion.
This branch organised a number of activities, ranging from a lecture at Sidbury Manor through to a 90 minute walk by several of our 90 year old members and supporters and, in total, �3900 was raised for the 90th Anniversary Appeal. The branch is grateful to all who participated or supported these events.
Last year over �8,000 was collected in our area, and I am asking you to dig deep in your pockets this year to see if we can better last year’s total and help the RBL exceed its target of �36 million.
The care and support the Legion provides is as vital now as it was in 1921 and I urge you to support their work.
You may also want to watch:
Colin L Kingman
Hon Poppy Appeal Organiser
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 5 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 6 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 7 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 10 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
Sidbury, Sidford and Newton Poppleford