SIR - Poppies are now available from the usual business premises in Sidbury, Sidford and Newton Poppleford, and collectors will be knocking on the doors of most properties in these areas.
This year marks the 90th Anniversary of the Royal British Legion, and events have been taking place throughout the UK and overseas, including Afghanistan, to mark this occasion.
This branch organised a number of activities, ranging from a lecture at Sidbury Manor through to a 90 minute walk by several of our 90 year old members and supporters and, in total, �3900 was raised for the 90th Anniversary Appeal. The branch is grateful to all who participated or supported these events.
Last year over �8,000 was collected in our area, and I am asking you to dig deep in your pockets this year to see if we can better last year’s total and help the RBL exceed its target of �36 million.
The care and support the Legion provides is as vital now as it was in 1921 and I urge you to support their work.
Colin L Kingman
Hon Poppy Appeal Organiser
- 1 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 2 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 3 Help clean up Sidmouth as In Bloom judges' visit approaches
- 4 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 5 Folk Festival gears up to bring Sidmouth to life with music
- 6 Part of Donkey Sanctuary closed due to respiratory infection
- 7 Injured pedestrian helped by lifeboat and lifeguard teams
- 8 Otter Valley councillor welcomes inquiry into sewage discharges into rivers
- 9 Circus proposed for Sidmouth next year
- 10 Church flower festival flourishes again after two 'lost' years
Sidbury, Sidford and Newton Poppleford