SIR - Poppies are now available from the usual business premises in Sidbury, Sidford and Newton Poppleford, and collectors will be knocking on the doors of most properties in these areas.
This year marks the 90th Anniversary of the Royal British Legion, and events have been taking place throughout the UK and overseas, including Afghanistan, to mark this occasion.
This branch organised a number of activities, ranging from a lecture at Sidbury Manor through to a 90 minute walk by several of our 90 year old members and supporters and, in total, �3900 was raised for the 90th Anniversary Appeal. The branch is grateful to all who participated or supported these events.
Last year over �8,000 was collected in our area, and I am asking you to dig deep in your pockets this year to see if we can better last year’s total and help the RBL exceed its target of �36 million.
The care and support the Legion provides is as vital now as it was in 1921 and I urge you to support their work.
You may also want to watch:
Colin L Kingman
Hon Poppy Appeal Organiser
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Sidbury, Sidford and Newton Poppleford