SIR - Poppies are now available from the usual business premises in Sidbury, Sidford and Newton Poppleford, and collectors will be knocking on the doors of most properties in these areas.
This year marks the 90th Anniversary of the Royal British Legion, and events have been taking place throughout the UK and overseas, including Afghanistan, to mark this occasion.
This branch organised a number of activities, ranging from a lecture at Sidbury Manor through to a 90 minute walk by several of our 90 year old members and supporters and, in total, �3900 was raised for the 90th Anniversary Appeal. The branch is grateful to all who participated or supported these events.
Last year over �8,000 was collected in our area, and I am asking you to dig deep in your pockets this year to see if we can better last year’s total and help the RBL exceed its target of �36 million.
The care and support the Legion provides is as vital now as it was in 1921 and I urge you to support their work.
You may also want to watch:
Colin L Kingman
Hon Poppy Appeal Organiser
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
Sidbury, Sidford and Newton Poppleford