Poppy appeal - please give generously folks!
SIR - The Poppy Appeal began on Saturday and runs to Remembrance Sunday, November 14.
Collectors will, as usual, be visiting most parts of Sidbury, Sidford and Newton Poppleford and Poppies will also be offered for sale in the usual business premises. Please give as generously as you can, as the welfare work of the Royal British Legion continues to expand and, in June of this year, no less than 125 new cases were recorded in Devon, which is a record for any one month.
If you are donating in multiples of �1 please consider ‘gift aiding’ your donation, your collector will have the necessary envelope and will ask you to complete a simple declaration. It will not cost you anything and all that is required is that you pay sufficient UK income tax or capital gains tax to cover the tax on your donation.
The total amount collected by this Branch in the year ended September 30 2010 was �8303, of which �6864 was collected in Sidbury and Sidford and the balance of �1439 in Newton Poppleford.
I am very grateful to all of you who donated to the Appeal and to those who gave their time by collecting.
Poppy Appeal Organiser
- 1 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 2 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 3 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 4 Help clean up Sidmouth as In Bloom judges' visit approaches
- 5 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 6 Circus proposed for Sidmouth next year
- 7 Folk Festival gears up to bring Sidmouth to life with music
- 8 Jubilee social evening engendered much interest, conversation and questions
- 9 Church flower festival flourishes again after two 'lost' years
- 10 Otter Valley councillor welcomes inquiry into sewage discharges into rivers
Sidbury and Sidford Royal British Legion