SIR - The recent Poppy Appeal has raised a total of �6,740 in Sidbury, Sidford and Newton Poppleford. This is some �500 less than at a comparable time last year.
Bearing in mind the difficult times in which we live, this is an excellent result.
The appeal year does not end until September 30, 2013 and I am confident that we will by that date be very close to last year’s total of �9,256.
The branch are very grateful for the support given to the appeal by all who donated, collected, had collection tins on their premises or assisted in any way.
Very many thanks to all of you.
You may also want to watch:
Poppy Appeal Organiser, Sidbury and Sidford RBL
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award