SIR - The recent Poppy Appeal has raised a total of �6,740 in Sidbury, Sidford and Newton Poppleford. This is some �500 less than at a comparable time last year.
Bearing in mind the difficult times in which we live, this is an excellent result.
The appeal year does not end until September 30, 2013 and I am confident that we will by that date be very close to last year’s total of �9,256.
The branch are very grateful for the support given to the appeal by all who donated, collected, had collection tins on their premises or assisted in any way.
Very many thanks to all of you.
You may also want to watch:
Poppy Appeal Organiser, Sidbury and Sidford RBL
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National