SIR - The recent Poppy Appeal has raised a total of �6,740 in Sidbury, Sidford and Newton Poppleford. This is some �500 less than at a comparable time last year.
Bearing in mind the difficult times in which we live, this is an excellent result.
The appeal year does not end until September 30, 2013 and I am confident that we will by that date be very close to last year’s total of �9,256.
The branch are very grateful for the support given to the appeal by all who donated, collected, had collection tins on their premises or assisted in any way.
Very many thanks to all of you.
You may also want to watch:
Poppy Appeal Organiser, Sidbury and Sidford RBL
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 5 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon