The FACT that for East Devon District Council to implement their move to Honiton by selling off our beautiful heritage thus damaging the environment (and the bigger picture of global warming) has been totally disregarded by Councillor Phil Twiss in his reply to Mr Thurlow of Save Our Sidmouth, Herald letter ‘Facts vs opinion’ dated September 27, 2013.
A solution would be to hand over the Knowle house and grounds to the National Trust which could “return” this historic property to the public, which would bring in revenue and accommodation and preserve and perhaps negate the destruction of parkland with ancient trees.
In fact, it could be a positive action against the devastation man is having on our planet, let alone our town.
The FACT is that “money is the root of all evil” and we cannot afford to lose any more assets.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching