The FACT that for East Devon District Council to implement their move to Honiton by selling off our beautiful heritage thus damaging the environment (and the bigger picture of global warming) has been totally disregarded by Councillor Phil Twiss in his reply to Mr Thurlow of Save Our Sidmouth, Herald letter ‘Facts vs opinion’ dated September 27, 2013.
A solution would be to hand over the Knowle house and grounds to the National Trust which could “return” this historic property to the public, which would bring in revenue and accommodation and preserve and perhaps negate the destruction of parkland with ancient trees.
In fact, it could be a positive action against the devastation man is having on our planet, let alone our town.
The FACT is that “money is the root of all evil” and we cannot afford to lose any more assets.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home