A Simple Solution to solve the Knowle-cum-Sidford problems:
1. EDDC stay where you are and retrofit the buildings (in time we might even learn to love you).
2. Sell off Woolcombe House which is not fit for democratic purpose if we are to have “localism”.
3. Sidmouth Town Council can share Knowle with East Devon District Council, a more democratic marriage than EDDC with East Devon Business Forum.
4. Get rid of the East Devon Business Forum which represents vested interests and save at least �5,000 a year.
You may also want to watch:
5. Keep the valuable weekend car parks at Knowle.
6. Make fuller use of Knowle as a public venue.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
7. Save a priceless park which is the jewel in the crown of the world’s first civic arboretum.
8. Save the precious AONB at Sidford-Sidbury - Fords and other units can move to Heath Park, Honiton.