Property of the Week: Coastlands, Sidmouth
- Credit: Humberts Estate Agents
Coastlands, Laskeys Lane, Sidmouth
Guide Price: £1,300,000
Agent: Humberts Estate Agents
Agent's Tel: 01404 42456
This stunning late Victorian residence is located in a commanding elevated position on the easterly slopes of Sidmouth and has spectacular sea and coastal views over Lyme Bay. Conveniently, it is situated around 450 yards away from the town centre.
Built by the Admiralty for the chief coastguard in circa 1880, Coastlands has been subject to a thorough programme of enlargement and refurbishment in the past decade, and the result is a superbly appointed home.
The house has been sympathetically restored, blending its original features and character with modern fixtures and fittings.
The property was re-designed to take full advantage of the impressive views and the 65m² drawing room with its curved glass wall and panoramic vista is a breath-taking addition and one that sets Coastlands apart from the competition.
Another notable room is the contemporary In-toto kitchen which has high gloss ‘aubergine’ units under Corian and oak worktops, a row of skylight windows and French doors onto the terrace.
The accommodation is flexible in its arrangement and there is a ground floor fourth bedroom, currently used as an additional sitting room.
On the first floor, the principal bedroom suite is dominated by the view and French doors lead onto a balcony. It's a stunning place to sit and watch the sun set. There are two further bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms.
- 1 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 2 Cost of living crisis how Sidmouth businesses are coping
- 3 Business breakfast aims to link up local professionals
- 4 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 5 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 6 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 7 Actor James Pellow plants tree for Sidmouth Arboretum
- 8 Festival organisers join forces to boost the town's 'brilliant cultural offer'
- 9 Bugler needed for Sidmouth beacon lighting event
- 10 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence
The property stands within grounds of just over one third of an acre and its gardens are laid mainly to lawn. There's a paved terrace with pergola, where the magnificent coastline views can be fully appreciated.
There's also a single garage. Within the initial application for planning permission dated 2009, approval was granted to create a single-storey, one-bedroom annexe where the garage currently stands.