Property of the Week: Castle Hill, Seaton
- Credit: Humberts Honiton
Castle Hill, Seaton
Guide Price: £950,000
Agent: Humberts Honiton
Agent's Tel: 01404 42456
This imposing seafront property not only has the most breathtakingly spectacular sea views but it also comes with the promise of a possible lifestyle change. Those looking for a change in career or who may be searching for life's next challenge will see how much potential this substantial semi-detached guest house could have as an investment.
Beaumont is a handsome Victorian dwelling with origins dating back to 1860. Its location is second to none, sitting in an impressive and slightly elevated position just off Seaton's long seafront, giving guests unrivalled views of Lyme Bay and the wonderful stretch of coastline. It is one of only two remaining guests houses on the front and has been an established business for more than 40 years.
The guest house business has been operating at a level to suit its current owners, opening for nine months a year and receiving a high number of repeat bookings and excellent reviews. There is scope to expand turnover by extending the opening times and increasing the number of rooms available.
The accommodation is adaptable in its layout which is arranged over three floors and could offer a variety of living/letting combinations. Currently, there are five bedroom suites, and a further three suites and a sitting room to the second floor which the owners use. All the first and second floor rooms have spectacular panoramic views of the sea.
Outside, Beaumont boasts a sunny, terraced garden and steps that rise to gravelled and decked seating areas which take advantage of the splendid views. There is plenty of parking for several vehicles.
- 1 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 2 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 3 16-year-old among arrests in Christmas drink and drug driving clampdown
- 4 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
- 5 East Devon economy bouncing back from Covid
- 6 Mayor's New Year message and ideas sought for Jubilee celebrations
- 7 Drug runner spared jail after court hears he's beating habit
- 8 Property of the Week: Livonia Road
- 9 Sidmouth U18s Girls stay top after nail-biting victory
- 10 It's Big Energy Saving Week