Property of the Week: Windsor Mead, Sidmouth
- Credit: Harrison, Lavers and Potbury's
Windsor Mead, Sidford, Sidmouth
Guide Price: £675,000
Agent: Harrison, Lavers and Potbury's
Agent's Tel: 01395 516633
This impressive detached house, understood to have been constructed for the original builder's daughter back in the early 1940s, occupies a favourable elevated position that boasts the most spectacular views across the Sid Valley.
Indeed, Windsor Mead is a spacious and well-proportioned residence with a classic form of charm created by sought-after characteristics such as bay windows and high ceilings.
Inside, a generous hallway leads onto a delightful sitting room with a double aspect and south-easterly views over the Sid Valley to Salcombe Hill in the distance. The separate dining room also profits from the stunning views towards Salcombe Hill.
The bright kitchen/breakfast room has an inviting country cottage look to it with polished granite work surfaces, a butler's sink and a Rangemaster cooker.
A source of natural light into the kitchen comes from the adjacent conservatory which is an incredibly pleasant space that affords fine views over the garden and the Sid Valley. Also, on the ground floor is a study/occasional bedroom that is located just off the entrance hall.
Upstairs, there are four double bedrooms and access via a ladder to the loft space which has the potential to create further accommodation, subject to any necessary consent.
The master bedroom has a lovely large bay window and stunning views that stretch as far as the sea. Bedrooms two and three also have a desirable south-easterly aspect and built-in wardrobes. While bedroom four has a delightful outlook to the rear garden. The bedrooms share a family bathroom.
Outside, the dwelling sits in the centre of a plot approaching a third of an acre. The front gardens benefit from a sunny south-easterly aspect which can be enjoyed on the large patio and lawn. The rear garden has been beautifully landscaped and includes a lawn, gravelled beds and a summerhouse.
A gravel driveway provides parking and turning and leads to a double garage.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members