Protest about car park charges
Sir – A letter in last week s Herald from Bruce Langton highlighted the exorbitant increase in the minimum charge from 20p to 50p in the car park behind Boots.
Sir - A letter in last week's Herald from Bruce Langton highlighted the exorbitant increase in the minimum charge from 20p to 50p in the car park behind Boots.
I urge local shopkeepers to lobby councillors over this inflationary increase as it will certainly result in a loss of business.
Before the increase I would park, and, in the 15 minutes allocated for the 20p charge, I would visit the butcher, baker, greengrocer and paper shop.
Now I drive to Waitrose and park for free.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 5 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 6 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 7 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local