Protest about car park charges
Sir – A letter in last week s Herald from Bruce Langton highlighted the exorbitant increase in the minimum charge from 20p to 50p in the car park behind Boots.
Sir - A letter in last week's Herald from Bruce Langton highlighted the exorbitant increase in the minimum charge from 20p to 50p in the car park behind Boots.
I urge local shopkeepers to lobby councillors over this inflationary increase as it will certainly result in a loss of business.
Before the increase I would park, and, in the 15 minutes allocated for the 20p charge, I would visit the butcher, baker, greengrocer and paper shop.
Now I drive to Waitrose and park for free.
- 1 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence
- 2 Mica Paris apologises to Sidmouth as festival concert is moved to following day
- 3 New town council chair sets out his aims
- 4 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 5 Art show and Jubilee party at Sidmouth's Oasis Cafe
- 6 Business breakfast aims to link up local professionals
- 7 Iain Burns photography talk, McColls future in Sidmouth and the rare sound of a cuckoo
- 8 Property of the Week: Windsor Mead, Sidford, Sidmouth
- 9 Police appeal for gun owners to hand them in during firearms amnesty
- 10 Get ready to dive into Sidmouth's Sea Fest