Protest about car park charges
Sir – A letter in last week s Herald from Bruce Langton highlighted the exorbitant increase in the minimum charge from 20p to 50p in the car park behind Boots.
Sir - A letter in last week's Herald from Bruce Langton highlighted the exorbitant increase in the minimum charge from 20p to 50p in the car park behind Boots.
I urge local shopkeepers to lobby councillors over this inflationary increase as it will certainly result in a loss of business.
Before the increase I would park, and, in the 15 minutes allocated for the 20p charge, I would visit the butcher, baker, greengrocer and paper shop.
Now I drive to Waitrose and park for free.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge