Protest about car park charges
Sir – A letter in last week s Herald from Bruce Langton highlighted the exorbitant increase in the minimum charge from 20p to 50p in the car park behind Boots.
Sir - A letter in last week's Herald from Bruce Langton highlighted the exorbitant increase in the minimum charge from 20p to 50p in the car park behind Boots.
I urge local shopkeepers to lobby councillors over this inflationary increase as it will certainly result in a loss of business.
Before the increase I would park, and, in the 15 minutes allocated for the 20p charge, I would visit the butcher, baker, greengrocer and paper shop.
Now I drive to Waitrose and park for free.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 8 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 9 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 10 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED