SIR - It was interesting to read Councillor Paul Diviani’s comments re Knowle parkland.
Parklands are designated areas for public recreation and picnics etc. He tells us that he reserves the right to turn it into a housing estate and also use it for recreational purposes. How you could do both is quite beyond anyone’s capabilities; is Mr Diviani a resident of Nazareth! He certainly does not live in Sidmouth.
Councillors are elected to serve the public – not for their own self-interest.
Let’s keep our eye on this man, who seems determined to go ahead with this disastrous project!
You may also want to watch:
Knowle Drive, Sidmouth
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat