SIR - It was interesting to read Councillor Paul Diviani’s comments re Knowle parkland.
Parklands are designated areas for public recreation and picnics etc. He tells us that he reserves the right to turn it into a housing estate and also use it for recreational purposes. How you could do both is quite beyond anyone’s capabilities; is Mr Diviani a resident of Nazareth! He certainly does not live in Sidmouth.
Councillors are elected to serve the public – not for their own self-interest.
Let’s keep our eye on this man, who seems determined to go ahead with this disastrous project!
Knowle Drive, Sidmouth
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 7 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 8 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 9 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 10 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED