SIR - It was interesting to read Councillor Paul Diviani’s comments re Knowle parkland.
Parklands are designated areas for public recreation and picnics etc. He tells us that he reserves the right to turn it into a housing estate and also use it for recreational purposes. How you could do both is quite beyond anyone’s capabilities; is Mr Diviani a resident of Nazareth! He certainly does not live in Sidmouth.
Councillors are elected to serve the public – not for their own self-interest.
Let’s keep our eye on this man, who seems determined to go ahead with this disastrous project!
You may also want to watch:
Knowle Drive, Sidmouth
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal