Push for a plan to make Port Royal an asset for all
Madam - Port Royal is a part of Sidmouth which could, and should, be an asset to residents and visitors alike. Crafts, water sports and other activities could be at the heart of the town, bringing new life.
madam - Port Royal is a part of Sidmouth which could, and should, be an asset to residents and visitors alike. Crafts, water sports and other activities could be at the heart of the town, bringing new life.
Likewise, the cliffs at Pennington Point have been neglected for decades, with a history of delays, postponements and lame excuses by the various authorities responsible. As a result, they present a danger to the public, an inconvenience to the residents of Salcombe Hill and, eventually, a serious risk of flooding to the town.
During the public question time at East Devon District Council on February 4, Mr Robert Crick, the Chairman of "Vision Group for Sidmouth", spoke on behalf of the six members present. These residents wished to know why, a year after it had been promised, there was still no Development Brief on Port Royal. Mr Crick stressed this should be undertaken now so, that when funds became available, the Development Brief will be complete, enabling work to commence.
The Executive of EDDC then gave Mr Crick and members of "Vision Group for Sidmouth" a firm assurance that the matter will be on the agenda for the next Executive Meeting of EDDC, on March 4.
You may also want to watch:
It was suggested that, by then, confirmation could be given that the Environment Agency has made funds available to investigate the erosion of the cliffs.
All interested citizens are encouraged to attend, to show their solidarity and support.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
The meeting will be at 5.30pm on Wednesday, March 4, at the Knowle.
6 Lennox Avenue