Question of hotel security
SIR - Following the fire at the Fortfield Hotel, the would-be developer of the site seems to have undertaken major new work to prevent trespassing, including:
l boarding up ground floor openings
l securing stairways, fire escapes and other access points
l extending a metal perimeter fence and ensuring it was properly locked together.
As such precautions, apparently, were never taken before the fire, what are we to make of owner Andrew Torjussen’s assurances that he had done everything reasonable to make his property secure?
You may also want to watch:
Council taxpayers saddled with a huge bill by the Fortfield saga will certainly be interested in the answer!
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 6 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary