Question of hotel security
SIR - Following the fire at the Fortfield Hotel, the would-be developer of the site seems to have undertaken major new work to prevent trespassing, including:
l boarding up ground floor openings
l securing stairways, fire escapes and other access points
l extending a metal perimeter fence and ensuring it was properly locked together.
As such precautions, apparently, were never taken before the fire, what are we to make of owner Andrew Torjussen’s assurances that he had done everything reasonable to make his property secure?
You may also want to watch:
Council taxpayers saddled with a huge bill by the Fortfield saga will certainly be interested in the answer!
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time