Question of spending money wisely
SIR - After reading the Herald article about our esteemed chairman of the highways use of his contingency fund, I felt I should write this letter.
Would this money not have been better spent on the upkeep of the East Devon roads system, rather than handheld speed cameras? Another concern is the disposal of the �230,000 of parking meters.
I would suggest he takes them up to Knowle Council Offices car park, or buries them in the potholes in All Saints Road.
It’s the misuse of limited funds and very poor pre-planning that has put the UK into this current downward spiral.
Common sense needs to prevail on the use of funds available, as we do not have the option of luxury, just basic necessity if we wish to climb out of this recession.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 5 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 6 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller