Question of spending money wisely
SIR - After reading the Herald article about our esteemed chairman of the highways use of his contingency fund, I felt I should write this letter.
Would this money not have been better spent on the upkeep of the East Devon roads system, rather than handheld speed cameras? Another concern is the disposal of the �230,000 of parking meters.
I would suggest he takes them up to Knowle Council Offices car park, or buries them in the potholes in All Saints Road.
It’s the misuse of limited funds and very poor pre-planning that has put the UK into this current downward spiral.
Common sense needs to prevail on the use of funds available, as we do not have the option of luxury, just basic necessity if we wish to climb out of this recession.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 The more we work together the better it will be
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary