Question of spending money wisely
SIR - After reading the Herald article about our esteemed chairman of the highways use of his contingency fund, I felt I should write this letter.
Would this money not have been better spent on the upkeep of the East Devon roads system, rather than handheld speed cameras? Another concern is the disposal of the �230,000 of parking meters.
I would suggest he takes them up to Knowle Council Offices car park, or buries them in the potholes in All Saints Road.
It’s the misuse of limited funds and very poor pre-planning that has put the UK into this current downward spiral.
Common sense needs to prevail on the use of funds available, as we do not have the option of luxury, just basic necessity if we wish to climb out of this recession.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth