Raising awareness of Parkinson’s
MADAM - Most people know someone whose daily life is affected by Parkinson s disease, either as a sufferer or as a carer.
MADAM - Most people know someone whose daily life is affected by Parkinson's disease, either as a sufferer or as a carer. This year the Parkinson's disease Society celebrates its 40th anniversary.
Parkinson's disease is incurable and the society has worked to support research into treatment and cure. It also offers invaluable information and support to people with Parkinson's, their families and carers.
Locally, the East Devon Support Group meets on the second Tuesday of each month at the village hall in East Budleigh 2.15 - 4.15pm. We welcome new members and you can get details from Hilary on (01395) 444406.
To celebrate the 40th birthday of the society, the East Devon group is putting on a Summer Cream Tea with a little light music on Friday, June 19, from 3 to 5pm in East Budleigh village hall - tickets are �3.50 - contact Liz (01395) 263360. Please come, find out more about us and help make a difference to people with Parkinson's.
46 Salterton Road
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 3 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 4 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 5 Sidmouth sailors host national competition
- 6 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 7 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 8 Sidbury gas pipe upgrade completed
- 9 Rock Choir fundraiser for Sidmouth's Admiral Nurse
- 10 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites