SIR - For the past year, the residents of Sidmouth have religiously cleaned and placed plastic food containers in their Green Recycle Bins which have been emptied by the collecting officers and have fulfilled their obligations.
Suddenly, many of us have had little blue notices placed on our Green Bins informing us that they will only collect plastic bottles and not any other plastic.
Why is this the case? East Devon District Council will not collect cardboard when other District Councils do. If we are encouraged to recycle our waste, why have East Devon taken this attitude? Maybe some office bound person can supply an answer.
David E Ambrose
88 Temple Street
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 3 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 7 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 8 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth