SIR - For the past year, the residents of Sidmouth have religiously cleaned and placed plastic food containers in their Green Recycle Bins which have been emptied by the collecting officers and have fulfilled their obligations.
Suddenly, many of us have had little blue notices placed on our Green Bins informing us that they will only collect plastic bottles and not any other plastic.
Why is this the case? East Devon District Council will not collect cardboard when other District Councils do. If we are encouraged to recycle our waste, why have East Devon taken this attitude? Maybe some office bound person can supply an answer.
David E Ambrose
88 Temple Street
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98