SIR - What a strange argument used to reject the ‘Conservatory bid’ for a new conservatory in North Street in Ottery St Mary (as reported in last week’s Ottery Herald).
The rejection of plans, despite approval from Ottery Town Council, on the grounds that the conservatory would be visible over the property’s fence and would ‘harm the simple, symmetrical design’ of the street.
Has the Inspector (and EDDC planners) noticed the enormous structure going up in the middle of Ottery St. Mary that well protrudes the wall, by far, in Hind Street, which certainly harms the ‘streetscape to an unacceptable degree’ and, yet, was clearly approved by EDDC planners?
10 Yonder Street,
You may also want to watch:
Ottery St Mary
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride