SIR - What a strange argument used to reject the ‘Conservatory bid’ for a new conservatory in North Street in Ottery St Mary (as reported in last week’s Ottery Herald).
The rejection of plans, despite approval from Ottery Town Council, on the grounds that the conservatory would be visible over the property’s fence and would ‘harm the simple, symmetrical design’ of the street.
Has the Inspector (and EDDC planners) noticed the enormous structure going up in the middle of Ottery St. Mary that well protrudes the wall, by far, in Hind Street, which certainly harms the ‘streetscape to an unacceptable degree’ and, yet, was clearly approved by EDDC planners?
10 Yonder Street,
You may also want to watch:
Ottery St Mary
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 4 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 5 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 6 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 7 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 8 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth