SIR - What a strange argument used to reject the ‘Conservatory bid’ for a new conservatory in North Street in Ottery St Mary (as reported in last week’s Ottery Herald).
The rejection of plans, despite approval from Ottery Town Council, on the grounds that the conservatory would be visible over the property’s fence and would ‘harm the simple, symmetrical design’ of the street.
Has the Inspector (and EDDC planners) noticed the enormous structure going up in the middle of Ottery St. Mary that well protrudes the wall, by far, in Hind Street, which certainly harms the ‘streetscape to an unacceptable degree’ and, yet, was clearly approved by EDDC planners?
10 Yonder Street,
You may also want to watch:
Ottery St Mary
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 3 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 4 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 5 Legion's centenary plea for Sidmouth Poppy Appeal volunteers
- 6 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 7 Concerns raised over surge in number of unpaid carers
- 8 Businesses should be stocking up now for Folk Festival
- 9 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 10 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home