SIR - What a strange argument used to reject the ‘Conservatory bid’ for a new conservatory in North Street in Ottery St Mary (as reported in last week’s Ottery Herald).
The rejection of plans, despite approval from Ottery Town Council, on the grounds that the conservatory would be visible over the property’s fence and would ‘harm the simple, symmetrical design’ of the street.
Has the Inspector (and EDDC planners) noticed the enormous structure going up in the middle of Ottery St. Mary that well protrudes the wall, by far, in Hind Street, which certainly harms the ‘streetscape to an unacceptable degree’ and, yet, was clearly approved by EDDC planners?
10 Yonder Street,
You may also want to watch:
Ottery St Mary
- 1 Aldi has Sidmouth in its sights for new supermarket
- 2 Tributes paid to 'a real gentleman' of Sidmouth
- 3 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning
- 4 No immediate work on town's cliffs despite recent falls
- 5 Person with broken ankle rescued from Littlecombe Shute
- 6 Time to show results for £100M broadband fund
- 7 New Sidmouth Lifeguard Service launched for summer season
- 8 Police launch campaign to bin pressure on 101 number
- 9 Changin' with the times in Connaught Gardens
- 10 Spectacular garden opens to the public at Bickwell Valley