SIR - Last week, in the Sidmouth Herald, it was reported that Sidmouth will, on June 25, be celebrating the Armed Forces Day as in previous years.
This year there will be a march through our Town via Church Street on to the Three Corner Plot where there will be a short service conducted by the Reverend Robin Laird. Following the service there will be cream teas on sale at a cost of �2.50. The funds raised will be going to the Legion.
I should like to remind our readers that the Armed Forces Day is in remembrance of all our servicemen and woman who served and, in some cases, died for our country past and present.
The parade will start from outside the Coop at 2pm lead by our Town Band and you are all welcome to join with us and take part in the march.
Our servicemen and women are, at this moment in time, serving our country under a very difficult conflict. Hardly a day goes by when we don’t hear of the war in Afghanistan.
My thoughts, as I am sure are yours, go out to these young men and women who are putting there lives at risk day after day. Please support our Armed Forces Day and, if possible, join with us on Saturday. June 25 in remembrance of them.
- 1 Night-time fish thief makes daring raids on Otter Garden Centre pond
- 2 'It's a nightmare': Sidmouth business react as roadworks get underway
- 3 Exciting discovery as Sidmouth observatory reopens
- 4 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 5 'Stunning' donation made to Dream-A-Way by HMS Defender
- 6 'Generous' donations kept Sidmouth Lifeboat afloat in 2021
- 7 Litter pickers shocked by amount of waste in river Otter
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe to hold first session of the New Year
- 9 Mental health awareness and fundraising at Sidmouth
- 10 Sidmouth on the climb while Otters rebuild
Glenstal, 40 Sid Park Road, Sidmouth