SIR - Last week, in the Sidmouth Herald, it was reported that Sidmouth will, on June 25, be celebrating the Armed Forces Day as in previous years.
This year there will be a march through our Town via Church Street on to the Three Corner Plot where there will be a short service conducted by the Reverend Robin Laird. Following the service there will be cream teas on sale at a cost of �2.50. The funds raised will be going to the Legion.
I should like to remind our readers that the Armed Forces Day is in remembrance of all our servicemen and woman who served and, in some cases, died for our country past and present.
The parade will start from outside the Coop at 2pm lead by our Town Band and you are all welcome to join with us and take part in the march.
Our servicemen and women are, at this moment in time, serving our country under a very difficult conflict. Hardly a day goes by when we don’t hear of the war in Afghanistan.
My thoughts, as I am sure are yours, go out to these young men and women who are putting there lives at risk day after day. Please support our Armed Forces Day and, if possible, join with us on Saturday. June 25 in remembrance of them.
- 1 New store launches in Sidmouth's Fore Street
- 2 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 3 The sky's the limit as parachute jump raises £2,426 for Hospiscare
- 4 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 5 New direction and new chair at Vision Group for Sidmouth
- 6 Double good deed for Brownies as litter pick raises money for food bank
- 7 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 8 Ukrainian refugee supporter Mukie opens community cafe
- 9 Date set for Straitgate Quarry appeal hearing
- 10 'Donkey work' boosts wildflower growth at sanctuary
Glenstal, 40 Sid Park Road, Sidmouth