SIR - Last week, in the Sidmouth Herald, it was reported that Sidmouth will, on June 25, be celebrating the Armed Forces Day as in previous years.
This year there will be a march through our Town via Church Street on to the Three Corner Plot where there will be a short service conducted by the Reverend Robin Laird. Following the service there will be cream teas on sale at a cost of �2.50. The funds raised will be going to the Legion.
I should like to remind our readers that the Armed Forces Day is in remembrance of all our servicemen and woman who served and, in some cases, died for our country past and present.
The parade will start from outside the Coop at 2pm lead by our Town Band and you are all welcome to join with us and take part in the march.
Our servicemen and women are, at this moment in time, serving our country under a very difficult conflict. Hardly a day goes by when we don’t hear of the war in Afghanistan.
You may also want to watch:
My thoughts, as I am sure are yours, go out to these young men and women who are putting there lives at risk day after day. Please support our Armed Forces Day and, if possible, join with us on Saturday. June 25 in remembrance of them.
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 4 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 5 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 6 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 7 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 8 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
Glenstal, 40 Sid Park Road, Sidmouth