SIR - Last week, in the Sidmouth Herald, it was reported that Sidmouth will, on June 25, be celebrating the Armed Forces Day as in previous years.
This year there will be a march through our Town via Church Street on to the Three Corner Plot where there will be a short service conducted by the Reverend Robin Laird. Following the service there will be cream teas on sale at a cost of �2.50. The funds raised will be going to the Legion.
I should like to remind our readers that the Armed Forces Day is in remembrance of all our servicemen and woman who served and, in some cases, died for our country past and present.
The parade will start from outside the Coop at 2pm lead by our Town Band and you are all welcome to join with us and take part in the march.
Our servicemen and women are, at this moment in time, serving our country under a very difficult conflict. Hardly a day goes by when we don’t hear of the war in Afghanistan.
You may also want to watch:
My thoughts, as I am sure are yours, go out to these young men and women who are putting there lives at risk day after day. Please support our Armed Forces Day and, if possible, join with us on Saturday. June 25 in remembrance of them.
- 1 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 2 Husband and wife team take over at White & Son Shoes
- 3 New women’s team created at Sidmouth Rugby Club
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 6 Men replicating ladies at Ottery Bowls Club
- 7 Latest news and results from Sidmouth Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 9 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 10 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
Glenstal, 40 Sid Park Road, Sidmouth