SIR - Alison Kerruish (November 16) is right to draw attention to the Kennaway House exhibition last month which highlighted the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in China.
It provides a stark contrast to the images which the Beijing government is projecting at the moment of smiling leaders with an ‘open for business’ attitude.
China is a powerful, resourceful and attractive country but it continues to brutally repress peaceful dissenters like Chen Zhenping, a Falun Gong practitioner, jailed, drugged and tortured by the regime.
Amnesty International in East Devon is continuing to highlight her case and that others in China.
You may also want to watch:
Chair East Devon Amnesty International
- 1 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 2 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 7 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz