SIR - Alison Kerruish (November 16) is right to draw attention to the Kennaway House exhibition last month which highlighted the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in China.
It provides a stark contrast to the images which the Beijing government is projecting at the moment of smiling leaders with an ‘open for business’ attitude.
China is a powerful, resourceful and attractive country but it continues to brutally repress peaceful dissenters like Chen Zhenping, a Falun Gong practitioner, jailed, drugged and tortured by the regime.
Amnesty International in East Devon is continuing to highlight her case and that others in China.
You may also want to watch:
Chair East Devon Amnesty International
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary