SIR - Alison Kerruish (November 16) is right to draw attention to the Kennaway House exhibition last month which highlighted the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in China.
It provides a stark contrast to the images which the Beijing government is projecting at the moment of smiling leaders with an ‘open for business’ attitude.
China is a powerful, resourceful and attractive country but it continues to brutally repress peaceful dissenters like Chen Zhenping, a Falun Gong practitioner, jailed, drugged and tortured by the regime.
Amnesty International in East Devon is continuing to highlight her case and that others in China.
You may also want to watch:
Chair East Devon Amnesty International
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!