SIR - I think it’s time the chief executive of East Devon District Council, Mr Mark Williams, follows the example of BBC Director General George Entwistle and resigns.
He obviously doesn’t take the opinions of the majority of local people seriously and is treating the whole thing as a joke.
I was on that protest march and I noticed many prominent citizens including some from the legal and medical professions and local business men and women.
There were also many elderly residents who, although were there at the start, found the trek to the Knowle too much for them.
It all comes down to money in the end.
You may also want to watch:
In a hundred years’ time, though, all the money gained will be gone and so will that part of the Knowle, FOREVER.
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched