SIR - I think it’s time the chief executive of East Devon District Council, Mr Mark Williams, follows the example of BBC Director General George Entwistle and resigns.
He obviously doesn’t take the opinions of the majority of local people seriously and is treating the whole thing as a joke.
I was on that protest march and I noticed many prominent citizens including some from the legal and medical professions and local business men and women.
There were also many elderly residents who, although were there at the start, found the trek to the Knowle too much for them.
It all comes down to money in the end.
In a hundred years’ time, though, all the money gained will be gone and so will that part of the Knowle, FOREVER.
- 1 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon
- 2 Opinion: 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 3 South West Water on the look-out for new graduate trainees
- 4 SRC joins battle of Woodbury Common, Oh My Obelisk and the Sir Walter Round
- 5 Sidmouth in Bloom hope to sow the seeds for national glory
- 6 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 7 Girlguiding achievements celebrated at church service
- 8 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 9 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 10 Lethal Wasps produce five-star display