SIR - I think it’s time the chief executive of East Devon District Council, Mr Mark Williams, follows the example of BBC Director General George Entwistle and resigns.
He obviously doesn’t take the opinions of the majority of local people seriously and is treating the whole thing as a joke.
I was on that protest march and I noticed many prominent citizens including some from the legal and medical professions and local business men and women.
There were also many elderly residents who, although were there at the start, found the trek to the Knowle too much for them.
It all comes down to money in the end.
In a hundred years’ time, though, all the money gained will be gone and so will that part of the Knowle, FOREVER.
- 1 New store launches in Sidmouth's Fore Street
- 2 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 3 One arrest after fuel protests on M5 and A38 in Somerset and Devon
- 4 'Donkey work' boosts wildflower growth at sanctuary
- 5 New direction and new chair at Vision Group for Sidmouth
- 6 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 7 End of year exhibition by Art Academy
- 8 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 9 Support partnership shows looking after town's library is no 'fools' errand...
- 10 Cricketing pacesetters hit some unexpected buffers