SIR - I think it’s time the chief executive of East Devon District Council, Mr Mark Williams, follows the example of BBC Director General George Entwistle and resigns.
He obviously doesn’t take the opinions of the majority of local people seriously and is treating the whole thing as a joke.
I was on that protest march and I noticed many prominent citizens including some from the legal and medical professions and local business men and women.
There were also many elderly residents who, although were there at the start, found the trek to the Knowle too much for them.
It all comes down to money in the end.
You may also want to watch:
In a hundred years’ time, though, all the money gained will be gone and so will that part of the Knowle, FOREVER.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hedges are 'valued for the huge benefits they bring for wildlife'