SIR - I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone who put a cross by my name in last Thursday’s district elections. I was hopeful of gaining a seat, but I was overwhelmed by the final result.
I spoke to hundreds of people during the weeks leading up to the election and learnt a lot about the various issues and concerns in individual villages, as well as what people value in a district councillor.
A higher percentage of people in the Ottery St Mary Rural ward cast their vote than anywhere else in East Devon – a huge 62.3 per cent of the electorate! I feel very fortunate to represent an area where so many people are interested in local issues.
The knowledge I gained from talking to people will stand me in good stead for representing their views at The Knowle.
You may also want to watch:
East Devon District Councillor,
Ottery St Mary Rural Ward
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 What will you find in this year's butterfly count?
- 7 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 10 Young talent emerging in local cricket