Right to attend
A local lady I was talking to was unaware that she could attend council meetings.
If there is a public gallery in the House of Commons in London, and the House of Representatives and Senate in America it stands to reason that East Devon District Council (EDDC) and the town council have a place for the public to witness meetings.
Members of the public can also ask questions at meetings of EDDC and town council, which include planning meetings.
Call the district council on 16551/town council on 512424 for further information on this.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth