Right to attend
A local lady I was talking to was unaware that she could attend council meetings.
If there is a public gallery in the House of Commons in London, and the House of Representatives and Senate in America it stands to reason that East Devon District Council (EDDC) and the town council have a place for the public to witness meetings.
Members of the public can also ask questions at meetings of EDDC and town council, which include planning meetings.
Call the district council on 16551/town council on 512424 for further information on this.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 6 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 9 Time to enjoy summer safely as restrictions lifts
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables