Right way round
I enthusiastically applaud your correspondent Jo Frith (“Wrong way round”, Opinion, November 8) for highlighting the unfairness of large users of electricity and gas paying proportionately less than small users.
The unfairness has been troubling me for a long time.
Moreover, it should be obvious that if larger consumers had to pay proportionately more, this would be an incentive for them to be careful and economise.
Every thinking person will see how desirable this is; conservation of resources is vital, while adequate warmth for even the very poorest should be affordable.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman