SIR - I wish to express my agreement with Mr Dumenill of the danger to pedestrians in the High Street by the side of the church. At the present time there is complete disregard to the safety of the public in this area.
The present situation appears to be purely for the convenience of Tesco staff.
In my opinion, both pavements should be increased in width and bollards erected to form a single section of road which should then become a yellow box.
The Highways Authority has already set precedents in the town by creating pinch points on Station Road and Woolbrook
Councillor Hughes comments on encouraging enforcement officers seems pointless as most of the lorry problem is early morning and I have never seen an enforcement officer about before 10 am.
- 1 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 2 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 3 Mayor's New Year message and ideas sought for Jubilee celebrations
- 4 'Brilliant' 2021 fundraising success for Otter Garden Centre
- 5 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
- 6 16-year-old among arrests in Christmas drink and drug driving clampdown
- 7 East Devon economy bouncing back from Covid
- 8 Drug runner spared jail after court hears he's beating habit
- 9 Property of the Week: Livonia Road
- 10 Sidmouth U18s Girls stay top after nail-biting victory