SIR - I wish to express my agreement with Mr Dumenill of the danger to pedestrians in the High Street by the side of the church. At the present time there is complete disregard to the safety of the public in this area.
The present situation appears to be purely for the convenience of Tesco staff.
In my opinion, both pavements should be increased in width and bollards erected to form a single section of road which should then become a yellow box.
The Highways Authority has already set precedents in the town by creating pinch points on Station Road and Woolbrook
Councillor Hughes comments on encouraging enforcement officers seems pointless as most of the lorry problem is early morning and I have never seen an enforcement officer about before 10 am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'