SIR - I wish to express my agreement with Mr Dumenill of the danger to pedestrians in the High Street by the side of the church. At the present time there is complete disregard to the safety of the public in this area.
The present situation appears to be purely for the convenience of Tesco staff.
In my opinion, both pavements should be increased in width and bollards erected to form a single section of road which should then become a yellow box.
The Highways Authority has already set precedents in the town by creating pinch points on Station Road and Woolbrook
Councillor Hughes comments on encouraging enforcement officers seems pointless as most of the lorry problem is early morning and I have never seen an enforcement officer about before 10 am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank