SIR - I wish to express my agreement with Mr Dumenill of the danger to pedestrians in the High Street by the side of the church. At the present time there is complete disregard to the safety of the public in this area.
The present situation appears to be purely for the convenience of Tesco staff.
In my opinion, both pavements should be increased in width and bollards erected to form a single section of road which should then become a yellow box.
The Highways Authority has already set precedents in the town by creating pinch points on Station Road and Woolbrook
Councillor Hughes comments on encouraging enforcement officers seems pointless as most of the lorry problem is early morning and I have never seen an enforcement officer about before 10 am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 3 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 4 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 5 Four unexpected kings of England named William
- 6 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 7 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 8 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth