Rude and unkind
I am 10 years old and my mum read some of the letters about children in Sidmouth to me.
I would like to put my point across about the old people in Sidmouth who can be rude and unkind.
I have been taught to respect my elders in all areas of my life and to behave in an appropriate way that any situation requires.
However, I have found that ‘my elders’ often do not do the same. I always say excuse me, please and thank you – unlike them. I never push in front in a queue – unlike them. I never interrupt a conversation – unlike them. I never complain about them, even when their mobiilty scooters are in the way on the pavements or I am told to be quiet on the beach!
I love Sidmouth and I love the people that live here, but I don’t love being sneered at for being a child in a town that can easily be a haven for all of us.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses