Rude and unkind
I am 10 years old and my mum read some of the letters about children in Sidmouth to me.
I would like to put my point across about the old people in Sidmouth who can be rude and unkind.
I have been taught to respect my elders in all areas of my life and to behave in an appropriate way that any situation requires.
However, I have found that ‘my elders’ often do not do the same. I always say excuse me, please and thank you – unlike them. I never push in front in a queue – unlike them. I never interrupt a conversation – unlike them. I never complain about them, even when their mobiilty scooters are in the way on the pavements or I am told to be quiet on the beach!
I love Sidmouth and I love the people that live here, but I don’t love being sneered at for being a child in a town that can easily be a haven for all of us.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 8 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park