Sadness of leaving The Old Ship
We would like to take this opportunity to thank Shane, Gail and their team for doing such a superb job of running The Old Ship, also our many customers and friends for their support and kindness over the past 25 years.
It is with great sadness that we leave such a lovely old pub.
Unfortunately, it appears that a small number of people do not realise the difficulties in running a small pub under management in the present climate.
The Ship may well, in the future, return to a pub as it has done in the last 100 years.
Our very best wishes go Costa Coffee.
Roger & Linda Newton
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 7 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 8 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 9 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 10 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED