Sadness of leaving The Old Ship
We would like to take this opportunity to thank Shane, Gail and their team for doing such a superb job of running The Old Ship, also our many customers and friends for their support and kindness over the past 25 years.
It is with great sadness that we leave such a lovely old pub.
Unfortunately, it appears that a small number of people do not realise the difficulties in running a small pub under management in the present climate.
The Ship may well, in the future, return to a pub as it has done in the last 100 years.
Our very best wishes go Costa Coffee.
You may also want to watch:
Roger & Linda Newton
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action