SIR - The recent Ploughman’s Lunch held in Sidmouth Methodist Hall in aid of Samaritans raised a net total of �440.
Our committee has been pleased to receive many favourable comments, and would like to thank everyone who contributed in any way, especially our chef, Patrick Walker, and his hard-working team in the kitchen.
Sadly, the need for support from the Samaritans appears to be steadily increasing during these difficult times; they are entirely dependent upon voluntary contributions and our local Exeter Branch is always very grateful for our fundraising activities.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Friends of Samaritans
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future