SIR - The recent Ploughman’s Lunch held in Sidmouth Methodist Hall in aid of Samaritans raised a net total of �440.
Our committee has been pleased to receive many favourable comments, and would like to thank everyone who contributed in any way, especially our chef, Patrick Walker, and his hard-working team in the kitchen.
Sadly, the need for support from the Samaritans appears to be steadily increasing during these difficult times; they are entirely dependent upon voluntary contributions and our local Exeter Branch is always very grateful for our fundraising activities.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Friends of Samaritans
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit