SIR - The recent Ploughman’s Lunch held in Sidmouth Methodist Hall in aid of Samaritans raised a net total of �440.
Our committee has been pleased to receive many favourable comments, and would like to thank everyone who contributed in any way, especially our chef, Patrick Walker, and his hard-working team in the kitchen.
Sadly, the need for support from the Samaritans appears to be steadily increasing during these difficult times; they are entirely dependent upon voluntary contributions and our local Exeter Branch is always very grateful for our fundraising activities.
Sidmouth Friends of Samaritans
- 1 UPDATE: Man dies after A3052 accident
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 Do you have a crocodile bush near you?
- 4 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 5 Simply having a wonderful Christmas time in Sidmouth
- 6 Join fellow freelancers and homeworkers at Sidmouth's ‘Jelly' sessions
- 7 Three injured in Sidmouth road accident
- 8 From Sidmouth with solidarity: amnesty group writes to overseas political prisoners
- 9 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth