Save Our Knowle
Oh, EDDC, please Save Our Knowle,
And not just part of it — the WHOLE,
With its historic parts, its soul,
(The Chamber has a multi-role),
The fine south frontage on its knoll,
The gardens where we love to stroll,
The badger setts, each rabbit-hole,
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 Preparations underway for Salcombe Regis Fair while car parking remains a hot topic
- 3 Building more homes alone won't solve housing crisis
- 4 Our library really is the jewel in Ottery's crown
- 5 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 6 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 7 Levelling Up funding could make a real difference in Devon
- 8 Is 'no dig' gardening lazy or are we just replicating nature?
- 9 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 10 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
The “Folk-arena”, nature’s bowl,
Where dog-walkers go on patrol,
The trees that poets would extol—
I know that this might sound quite droll
But it should be a council’s role
To serve the public, not bankroll
Big builders and give them control
To turn parks into one hell-hole.
So, give us no more rigmarole,
Don’t dig yourselves into a hole
For if you took a public poll
You’d find that it is Sidmouth’s goal
To save it all, to SAVE OUR KNOWLE.
The Pippins, Knowle Drive, Sidmouth