Save our Sidmouth
SIR - I was horrified to hear of proposals to build houses and industrial units on green areas around Sidmouth.
Although I live in Northampton, 185 miles from Sidmouth, I am a regular visitor to the town. For me, Sidmouth is very special; it is not just another seaside town.
I realise that people need somewhere to live and to work, but where Sidmouth is concerned, it would be so easy to throw the baby out with the bath water.
People like me travel to Sidmouth precisely because it is such a charming, unique town.
If East Devon District Council insists on pressing ahead with their building projects, they may well find that regular visitors like me are put off from visiting Sidmouth in the future.
You may also want to watch:
96 Greenside, Eastfield, Northampton
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!