Save our Sidmouth
SIR - I was horrified to hear of proposals to build houses and industrial units on green areas around Sidmouth.
Although I live in Northampton, 185 miles from Sidmouth, I am a regular visitor to the town. For me, Sidmouth is very special; it is not just another seaside town.
I realise that people need somewhere to live and to work, but where Sidmouth is concerned, it would be so easy to throw the baby out with the bath water.
People like me travel to Sidmouth precisely because it is such a charming, unique town.
If East Devon District Council insists on pressing ahead with their building projects, they may well find that regular visitors like me are put off from visiting Sidmouth in the future.
You may also want to watch:
96 Greenside, Eastfield, Northampton
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government