My husband and I have just come back from the best fun fete we have ever attended – and it was all without the aid of technology.
We laughed ourselves silly at the human fruit machine, backward-bull fighting and even got involved in the international horse race although only managed last place. There were delicious crepes and lovely crafts, the daftest games and brilliant silent auction items.
I hope it raised a huge amount of money as a result. The Sidmouth Scouts deserve their new hut; they are a great bunch.
Christine Hardy (proud winner of a coconut!)
16 Livonia Road,
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 7 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 8 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Police welcome response to knives amnesty