My husband and I have just come back from the best fun fete we have ever attended – and it was all without the aid of technology.
We laughed ourselves silly at the human fruit machine, backward-bull fighting and even got involved in the international horse race although only managed last place. There were delicious crepes and lovely crafts, the daftest games and brilliant silent auction items.
I hope it raised a huge amount of money as a result. The Sidmouth Scouts deserve their new hut; they are a great bunch.
Christine Hardy (proud winner of a coconut!)
16 Livonia Road,
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites