My husband and I have just come back from the best fun fete we have ever attended – and it was all without the aid of technology.
We laughed ourselves silly at the human fruit machine, backward-bull fighting and even got involved in the international horse race although only managed last place. There were delicious crepes and lovely crafts, the daftest games and brilliant silent auction items.
I hope it raised a huge amount of money as a result. The Sidmouth Scouts deserve their new hut; they are a great bunch.
Christine Hardy (proud winner of a coconut!)
16 Livonia Road,
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary