- Credit: Archant
I was saddened to witness and to read (Herald, December 6) of the criticism and attacks on Councillor Roger Giles.
Roger is a model representative – passionate about the whole of Ottery St Mary parish and its inhabitants and an indefatigable worker for us all.
The council seems to have difficulty in understanding a fundamental point: whilst it may on occasion be necessary to hold some discussions in confidence, it can never be acceptable to keep the existence of those discussions a secret.
Indeed, the more confidential the discussions, the more important it is to be open about them taking place and to explain why they need to be confidential.
Our excellent mayor, Glyn Dobson, and some of his colleagues, should now admit that an error of judgement has been made, apologise to Councillor Giles, and learn from their mistake.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman, West Hill Residents’ Association
- 1 Sidmouth author seeking to inspire spiritual wellbeing
- 2 Share what you love about your high street
- 3 New town website launched in memory of Phyllis
- 4 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 5 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 6 Four unexpected kings of England named William
- 7 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 8 Crime chief urged to reflect gender violence in plan
- 9 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 10 Ottery youngsters start season with a six