- Credit: Archant
I was saddened to witness and to read (Herald, December 6) of the criticism and attacks on Councillor Roger Giles.
Roger is a model representative – passionate about the whole of Ottery St Mary parish and its inhabitants and an indefatigable worker for us all.
The council seems to have difficulty in understanding a fundamental point: whilst it may on occasion be necessary to hold some discussions in confidence, it can never be acceptable to keep the existence of those discussions a secret.
Indeed, the more confidential the discussions, the more important it is to be open about them taking place and to explain why they need to be confidential.
Our excellent mayor, Glyn Dobson, and some of his colleagues, should now admit that an error of judgement has been made, apologise to Councillor Giles, and learn from their mistake.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman, West Hill Residents’ Association
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action