Shutting youth clubs is new low
It will be an absolute disgrace, and Devon County Council sink to an all-time low, if most of the youth centres in Devon are closed down.
Our young people are the citizens who will grow to be the parents of future generations, and all kinds of workers in every field.
Unless they are enabled to have a happy and fulfilling youth, we must fear the old saying that ‘Satan always finds some work for idle hands to do’.
To close youth centres would betray the latent enthusiasm and promise of the young people, and we will have time to live and die with the consequences.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 4 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 5 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 6 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 7 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 8 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed