Shutting youth clubs is new low
It will be an absolute disgrace, and Devon County Council sink to an all-time low, if most of the youth centres in Devon are closed down.
Our young people are the citizens who will grow to be the parents of future generations, and all kinds of workers in every field.
Unless they are enabled to have a happy and fulfilling youth, we must fear the old saying that ‘Satan always finds some work for idle hands to do’.
To close youth centres would betray the latent enthusiasm and promise of the young people, and we will have time to live and die with the consequences.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC