Shutting youth clubs is new low
It will be an absolute disgrace, and Devon County Council sink to an all-time low, if most of the youth centres in Devon are closed down.
Our young people are the citizens who will grow to be the parents of future generations, and all kinds of workers in every field.
Unless they are enabled to have a happy and fulfilling youth, we must fear the old saying that ‘Satan always finds some work for idle hands to do’.
To close youth centres would betray the latent enthusiasm and promise of the young people, and we will have time to live and die with the consequences.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 9 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 10 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers