Shutting youth clubs is new low
It will be an absolute disgrace, and Devon County Council sink to an all-time low, if most of the youth centres in Devon are closed down.
Our young people are the citizens who will grow to be the parents of future generations, and all kinds of workers in every field.
Unless they are enabled to have a happy and fulfilling youth, we must fear the old saying that ‘Satan always finds some work for idle hands to do’.
To close youth centres would betray the latent enthusiasm and promise of the young people, and we will have time to live and die with the consequences.
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 3 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
- 4 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 5 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 6 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 7 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 8 New police station will help address challenges in keeping residents safe
- 9 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 10 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money