Sidmouth Hopper: a plea for a fee
SIR - Last week, I posted a letter to you re the Sidmouth Hopper.
I suggested passengers using the service should be requested to pay a token �1 per person.
If 10,000 passengers were enjoying this free service, then perhaps they would be prepared to contribute this token fee, which could go towards its upkeep and some other projects around the town, which would benefit everyone. I believe the peacock flower arrangement was almost abandoned, but, in the end, it was so appreciated that money was raised to continue it.
I also believe the Sidmouth Voluntary Ambulance offers shopping tips for the elderly and infirm who do not live on the bus routes and pay �1 for this service.
With this charge for a necessary visit to the shops, etc., I see no reason why the Sidmouth Hopper should not do likewise.
You may also want to watch:
Tyrrell Mead, Sidmouth
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 5 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 6 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 7 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 10 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays