Sidmouth Hopper: a plea for a fee
SIR - Last week, I posted a letter to you re the Sidmouth Hopper.
I suggested passengers using the service should be requested to pay a token �1 per person.
If 10,000 passengers were enjoying this free service, then perhaps they would be prepared to contribute this token fee, which could go towards its upkeep and some other projects around the town, which would benefit everyone. I believe the peacock flower arrangement was almost abandoned, but, in the end, it was so appreciated that money was raised to continue it.
I also believe the Sidmouth Voluntary Ambulance offers shopping tips for the elderly and infirm who do not live on the bus routes and pay �1 for this service.
With this charge for a necessary visit to the shops, etc., I see no reason why the Sidmouth Hopper should not do likewise.
Tyrrell Mead, Sidmouth
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 7 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 8 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 9 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 10 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas