Sidmouth Hopper: a plea for a fee
SIR - Last week, I posted a letter to you re the Sidmouth Hopper.
I suggested passengers using the service should be requested to pay a token �1 per person.
If 10,000 passengers were enjoying this free service, then perhaps they would be prepared to contribute this token fee, which could go towards its upkeep and some other projects around the town, which would benefit everyone. I believe the peacock flower arrangement was almost abandoned, but, in the end, it was so appreciated that money was raised to continue it.
I also believe the Sidmouth Voluntary Ambulance offers shopping tips for the elderly and infirm who do not live on the bus routes and pay �1 for this service.
With this charge for a necessary visit to the shops, etc., I see no reason why the Sidmouth Hopper should not do likewise.
You may also want to watch:
Tyrrell Mead, Sidmouth
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank