Sidmouth Hopper: a plea for a fee
SIR - Last week, I posted a letter to you re the Sidmouth Hopper.
I suggested passengers using the service should be requested to pay a token �1 per person.
If 10,000 passengers were enjoying this free service, then perhaps they would be prepared to contribute this token fee, which could go towards its upkeep and some other projects around the town, which would benefit everyone. I believe the peacock flower arrangement was almost abandoned, but, in the end, it was so appreciated that money was raised to continue it.
I also believe the Sidmouth Voluntary Ambulance offers shopping tips for the elderly and infirm who do not live on the bus routes and pay �1 for this service.
With this charge for a necessary visit to the shops, etc., I see no reason why the Sidmouth Hopper should not do likewise.
You may also want to watch:
Tyrrell Mead, Sidmouth
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom