In the UK there are ‘cities of culture’ – what about towns?
In Sidmouth, culture of all kinds thrives. Everything from live theatre, cinema, church groups, dancing and music, art etc.
My own interest is jazz and now we have two top-class venues in the town at the Woodlands Hotel and Kennaway House.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Time to rediscover the high street as businesses open their doors again