Signs of improvement in the future
SIR - During the clean up Sidmouth campaign last Spring, in conjunction with the town council, Sidmouth in Bloom managed with the free supply of paint, to paint up the fingerboards and signwriting to many of the posts, bollards and tree guards in the town centre.
Unfortunately, our efforts did not include the promenade or elsewhere as support for the campaign was somewhat limited on the day.
Prior to the twin “Britain in Bloom” and the “South West in Bloom” judging in 2012 for appearance, Sidmouth in Bloom drew attention to EDDC for the poor state of the town’s finger boards and were advised that they would be replaced this year.
We understood at the time that the manufacture of the finger posts was specialised and would take some time to complete.
I am pleased to report that many of the other items of renovation and repair discussed with EDDC were carried out by Street Scene promptly in time for the judging.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth in Bloom treasurer
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 4 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 5 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 6 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 7 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 8 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 9 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 10 Ottery win the Monty Perry Invitation Cup