Site is part of town’s history and key to industry
MADAM - I read with amazement the letter from Barrie Raby, did he not see this before buying a property overlooking this long established site (150 years).
MADAM - I read with amazement the letter from Barrie Raby, did he not see this before buying a property overlooking this long established site (150 years). The site essential for the working of Sidmouth. (Sidmouth has a major shortage of industrial space).
This is no worse than any other industrial site and in fact when the railway was there 45 years ago it was covered with Coal and Coke heaps - 1000s of tons of it, along with the gas works and a railway distribution depot. I can assure you it was not any better and, in fact, the trains running from 5am to midnight, plus steaming and coaling, up made it a very busy and noisy place.
By the way, the trains would now be running through the house if still running!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 6 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 7 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 10 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop