Snobbery over gaming centre
MADAM – Regarding last week s letter: Don t thank us for gaming centre . What complete snobs some Sidmouthians are in their attitude to the new Dove gaming centre.
MADAM - Regarding last week's letter: 'Don't thank us for gaming centre'.
What complete snobs some Sidmouthians are in their attitude to the new Dove gaming centre.
Sidmouth is a tourist resort and needs to have amenities to attract tourists - hardly rocket science.
Sidmouth is a truly wonderful place with lots of healthy pursuits when the weather is good. However, our warm temperate climate means we are prone to the odd bout of rain and then Sidmouth is sadly lacking in entertainment venues.
You may also want to watch:
Surely anything that brings extra revenue into the town is a good thing and the dire warnings about crowds of hooligans being attracted by the gaming centre were clearly unfounded. Get real!
(Name and address supplied)
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 5 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 6 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller