Snobbery over gaming centre
MADAM – Regarding last week s letter: Don t thank us for gaming centre . What complete snobs some Sidmouthians are in their attitude to the new Dove gaming centre.
MADAM - Regarding last week's letter: 'Don't thank us for gaming centre'.
What complete snobs some Sidmouthians are in their attitude to the new Dove gaming centre.
Sidmouth is a tourist resort and needs to have amenities to attract tourists - hardly rocket science.
Sidmouth is a truly wonderful place with lots of healthy pursuits when the weather is good. However, our warm temperate climate means we are prone to the odd bout of rain and then Sidmouth is sadly lacking in entertainment venues.
You may also want to watch:
Surely anything that brings extra revenue into the town is a good thing and the dire warnings about crowds of hooligans being attracted by the gaming centre were clearly unfounded. Get real!
(Name and address supplied)
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of