Snobbery over gaming centre
MADAM – Regarding last week s letter: Don t thank us for gaming centre . What complete snobs some Sidmouthians are in their attitude to the new Dove gaming centre.
MADAM - Regarding last week's letter: 'Don't thank us for gaming centre'.
What complete snobs some Sidmouthians are in their attitude to the new Dove gaming centre.
Sidmouth is a tourist resort and needs to have amenities to attract tourists - hardly rocket science.
Sidmouth is a truly wonderful place with lots of healthy pursuits when the weather is good. However, our warm temperate climate means we are prone to the odd bout of rain and then Sidmouth is sadly lacking in entertainment venues.
Surely anything that brings extra revenue into the town is a good thing and the dire warnings about crowds of hooligans being attracted by the gaming centre were clearly unfounded. Get real!
(Name and address supplied)
- 1 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 2 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 5 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 6 Sidmouth to get state of the art hearing treatment
- 7 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 8 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 9 Christmas Light Switch-Ons in East Devon's towns
- 10 Sidmouth Bowls Club vote in a new President